Information from Head of School, Stephen Manella, on June 10
Our organizational planning to maintain our robust and innovative programming across divisions has been guided by three key principles: The Health and Safety of our students and employees are of paramount importance; any program changes will be Purposeful and Focused on curricular integrity; and, we will be Flexible and Adaptable to the realities of the present conditions.
Information from Head of School, Stephen Manella, and Board Chair, Andrea Tew, on August 13
The school year will start on August 20th on campus with a soft opening. We will begin with a combination of half attendance per day on campus on alternating days and/or half-day instruction.
Safe at Sayre
Our foremost priority is the health and safety of our community, and we are committed to following - and in some instances implementing policies - surpassing State guidelines and recommendations.
Some of the Safe at Sayre initiatives include:
- Monitoring building ventilation to maximize airflow and clean air circulation along with enhanced cleaning and sanitation
- Plexiglass dividers between student desks, above guidelines of only faculty desks and reception area
- The recent hiring of School Nurse
- Daily temperature checks and health assessments
- Fever-free return policy of 72 hours, above the CDC’s recommendation of 24 hours
- Cloth face coverings for grades 1-12 required indoors at all times, regardless of social distancing beyond 6 feet
- Limiting parent/visitor access following CDC guidelines
- Reinventing large-scale events