Sayre School Library has established the following loan periods:
# of Books
Period of Time
Preschool, Kindergarten & Multi-age
• This reflects the total number of books a student may have out at any one time. Students may check out books, at any time they are permitted to come to the library, provided they have returned their previously borrowed books.
• Students who are doing research projects may have their limit extended for the duration of the assignment.
• Books may be renewed only one time, in order to make them available to as many students as possible.
• We expect that students will care for the books they borrow, renew them when necessary and return them in a timely manner so that others may borrow them.
• Students in the Lower School are encouraged to "bring one back and check one out" and they are provided with a written reminder when needed.
• More formal Overdue Notices are sent home to Lower School students, and provided to Middle and Upper School students, on a routine basis. If a student has books overdue for more than two weeks, we reserve the right to suspend borrowing privileges, or limit the number of books checked out at any one time.
• When library books are not returned, they are considered lost and students are charged for their replacement.
• LOST BOOKS
Students are expected to take care of any lost book obligations at the end of each semester. Upper School students are not permitted to sit for exams and Lower and Middle School report cards are held until such obligations are resolved. The fee charged will vary according to the type of book:
• Books currently in print: Actual Cost
• Out of print, Hard Cover: $25.00
• Out of print, Soft Cover, Non-Fiction: $20.00
• Out of print, Soft Cover, Fiction: $15.00
If books are later found and returned, the fee will be refunded.
• DAMAGED BOOKS
If books are damaged beyond use, students will be responsible for replacement cost. If pages are torn while a book is in a students care, we ask that the book be returned, so that we may repair it. We make every effort to teach students about proper book care but we understand that accidents do happen.