- Successful completion of at least 24 credits
- Five credits of English (Public Speaking and a course that fulfills the writing requirement)
- Four credits of History
- Three credits of Mathematics
- Three credits of Science
- Three credits of a World Language
- Two credits in the Performing and Visual Arts (including a year-long sequence in either Drama, 3D Art, Studio Art, or Music)
- One credit of Physical Education/Health
- Successful completion of the Senior Internship
- Three service projects per year
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00
While these minimum requirements are designed to ensure proper preparation for college, most students complete a course of study in excess of those described above. Along with the standard diploma, students can earn either Honors or High Honors Diplomas, as well as earn Distinction in Global Students, Sustainability or the Creative Arts.
Students admitted to Sayre after ninth grade will have their transcripts evaluated by the Director to determine those courses which are acceptable for credit.
Note: Credit for online or summer courses (other than ones offered by Sayre) must have prior approval of the Director.