Sayre Practice Guidelines
Sayre Practice Guidelines
1. All participants must complete a current KHSAA physical form and submit it to Tanner Eldridge, Sayre Athletic Trainer, or Cindy Eason, Assistant Director of Athletics before starting to participate in any Sayre sport.
2. All locker facilities are to be used for changing only until further notice.
3. In order to participate, each player must bring their own water container and mask.
4. We suggest filled water containers of at least one gallon; all containers must be labeled with the player’s name.
5. Athletic participation is a privilege, and players who don’t follow these guidelines may lose this privilege.
Post Practice/Departure Guidelines
1. Players should depart or be picked up within 10 minutes of the published end of practice.
2. Players will not be allowed to remain on campus or at the complex to socialize following the end of practice.
3. Players should depart from their designated group area.
Athletic Transportation After School
1. School transportation will be provided for all team members traveling to the SAC (Sayre Athletic Complex).
2. Bus monitors will escort all MS athletes from the MS building to the buses each afternoon. US students will walk directly from their last class to the buses or to their cars.
3. Buses will be located in the parking lot behind the gym. Athletes cannot board the buses until a bus monitor is present and ready for the students to board.
Driver and athletes MUST wear their masks at all times while on the bus.
4. Athletes will sit two to a seat, boarding from the back of the bus forward, and all windows on the buses will be down. Bus monitors will ride on the buses with the athletes.
5. There is No eating on the bus.
6. Parents who would prefer that their child not ride the bus are welcome and encouraged to drive their athlete to practice.
7. Athletes who are not part of the same household may NOT ride in a car to practice together unless the parents have written consent for this on file with the coach and athletic office. There's a specific form for this, which you must request from Ms. Haden (US) or Ms. Massie (MS). If athletes have permission to ride with someone outside of their household, they must stay masked while in the vehicle.
8. Athletes should keep a plastic trash bag in their backpacks in case it starts to rain, so that they can put their stuff inside that bag to keep it from getting drenched.
9. All students practicing at the SAC must be picked up at the complex within 10 minutes after the end of practice; there is no transportation provided back to the main campus.