Seventh Grade French Class, Bonjour!
Welcome back! In French 7, we will expand the vocabulary you learned in your 6th grade French class. This year, you will be able to carry on longer conversations and discuss many different subjects. We will first have a quick review of the basics and once you feel comfortable with French again, we will go further in depth in our program.
As usual, the class will be conducted in French and I will emphasize studies on the French culture by giving you insights about my country’s traditions in art, music, literature, and many more subjects.
You are expected to be prepared before class. Activities at home reinforce what we work on in the classroom. It is a good practice that helps you to work independently at and will help you have a rewarding and productive experience.
Home assignments will be due on the following class (unless otherwise stated) and will include the following:
- Practicing using the new vocabulary online daily by listening and repeating. You can also practice using new expressions with a friend using Skype for example!
- Completing online interactive assignments through the textbook website and other websites listed on the class portal
- Completing assigned written exercises in the workbook, Cahier d'exercices.
- Writing and correcting compositions
- Listen to Podcasts
- Reading the novel: “Le mystère des Faux Billets” and completing reading comprehension questions
Please check the online PCR page for home assignments work, as well as useful links to review or practice on my portal page.
To validate our new vocabulary, you will have a set of new words and expressions to review and practice on every day. You will have different class activities to give us an idea on how well you:
- Express yourself orally and in writing: L’expression orale et écrite
- Understand French texts: La compréhension de l’écrit
- Comprehend native speakers in small conversations through online exercises with questions to answer: La comprehension de l’oral
These activities will be given throughout our units or when I feel the class is ready. Class assignments will be visible on PCR marked as “E” for evaluation. Note that sometimes it is possible that activities could be given without prior notice on any day following a home preparation.
French is a vibrant language spoken by over 300 million
people all over the world in over 50 countries
. It is a very powerful language and it is the official language of many international organizations such as the United Nation, European Union and even the International Committee of Olympic games. Did you know that French was the second most influential language in the world after English?